Coyote Trapping at this point is the only way to control the local coyote population. There are many people that will argue that fact, however, we are not here to debate that. With our Coyote removal program, we do everything we can to be conscientious and humane during this process. If you are seeing signs of Coyotes or you suspect there is activity, give us a call and we will help however we can! Our service area for Coyote trapping and control in North Georgia extends as far south as Alpharetta, Crabapple, Duluth, Johns Creek, Marietta, Milton, Roswell, and Suwanee then going as far north as Ball Ground, Blue Ridge, Cumming, Dahlonega, Dawsonville, Ellijay, Gainesville, and Jasper.
One of the most challenging animals to trap for Nuisance Wildlife Trappers are the predators. Coyotes are smart and cunning. Before you do anything which to educate (train) the coyotes to avoid traps, please call us simply to discuss your situation.
We charge a FLAT-RATE TRAPPING FEE for Two (2) weeks of Coyote trapping. There is NO setup fee, NO per animal fee.The trapping fee is all-inclusive: Up to Ten (10) trips out every single day (Monday through Friday) to set the traps, check the traps and to remove any coyotes trapped. In Georgia, we are required by our license to check our traps every single day. No exceptions. Daily trap checking is important for many reasons:
1) It’s the law
2) Humane to the coyotes but equally important
3) It enables us to make the most out of your trapping dollars by our Professional Wildlife Technicians having the opportunity to reposition any traps that are not productive and refreshing the bait if necessary.
Because of the sensitive nature of trapping & human curiosity – we are very particular of which coyote trapping jobs we will accept. The circumstances have to be perfect and put human safety as the priority.
WARNING! We do not relocate coyotes. It is against the LAW!
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM PROFESSIONAL COYOTE TRAPPER:
It takes a different set of skills to successfully trap predator species. We have only one trapper that specializes in coyote trapping. It is the most challenging of trapping services that we offer.
– We have to inspect the property to determine the best trap to use and the location of the trap.
– We use a leghold/foot restraint type trap that is proven to be highly effective and humane.
– The coyote trap checks have priority, we check them first thing in the morning. Less opportunity for the trapped animal to draw attention or cause problems.
– It is illegal for any licensed trapper to release or relocate coyotes. I am not going to candy-coat it or tip-toe around it – we euthanize them. They do not have a natural predator and their numbers are growing out of control. If you want them illegally relocated (which is cruel anyways) – we are not the company for you.
COYOTE CONTROL – SIGHTINGS DURING THE DAY
It is a common misconception that any coyote seen during the day is either sick or rabid. That is simply not true. Coyotes are extremely adaptive and if their normal food supply is low they are forced to hunt longer and even during the daytime. Also, if the coyote has more mouths to feed (Pups in the den) they will be forced to hunt more often and longer.
An ounce of Prevention:
- If you see a coyote, make lots of noise to scare them. Don’t just observe them and quietly walk away. Throw stuff at them and make them maintain their level of fear of humans.
- Advise anyone with small breed dogs to walk them on a leash at night. A coyote can easily scale a 6 ft fence. If in doubt, search on YouTube “coyote jumping fence and stealing dog”. Sad!
- Keep domestic cats in at night. Don’t let them roam the neighborhood. Coyotes & Cars rival for the #1 spot for the reason “missing cat” signs get posted in neighborhoods.
- If you have an over-abundance of any rodent. Coyote will be drawn in. Mother nature always brings balance… Coyotes & foxes punch the numbers down.
- Don’t leave animal food outside.
- Feral cat feeding… not only does it throw off (decimate) the bird population it also attracts a coyote.